Thursday, January 12, 2012

Cake Pop Cake

As I meet with more & more brides lately I am finding that wedding cakes are definitely taking a back seat to some of these other desserts that are popular at this point in time--cake pops, cupcakes, macaroons, whoopie pies ect. Now I don't think wedding cakes will ever be completely fazed out in my life time, but the percentage of brides going non traditional is rising. Lucky for me I work with some amazing pastry chefs/artists to help make this new trend work possible. Take Mind Over Batter for instance--they had this huge cake pop holder built to resemble a wedding cake! These lucky wedding guests got to help themselves to 3 cake pops each. There were 5 flavors to choose from--each flavor was decorated different. And then the best part was a little mini cake sat on top as the topper that the bride/groom were able to cut for pictures. So if your one to be non-traditional here is a little inspiration for you...

*Picture was taken with my phone so sorry it's not photographer fabulous but I am normally running around weddings nonstop with no time for a meal let alone time to get my camera lol!

No comments: